Blog Archive

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Fall Comes to Paris

A rain-kissed sidewalk with one fallen leaf in Versailles...


Fall Comes to Paris
by Victoria Challancin

To be in Paris in any season is magic, but when the seasons begin to change...well...it is sheer enchantment.  The first two photos were taken in the first eleven days of September, when I was in Paris leading a small group of traveling friends.  The next two, when the leaves truly were changing, were taken when I returned at the end of the month.  Magic.

Interested in visiting Paris with a small group on a custom-designed trip?  Contact me for details about my next trip:  

flavorsofthesun@gmail.com



Chestnuts.  I can almost smell them roasting.  I can almost feel the hot paper cone filled with freshly roasted chestnuts in my hand.

The leaves begin to turn...




Literally or figuratively, it is hard to get a perspective on how much the French love their art, but this photo, taken while standing in line for two hours waiting to get into the new Monet exhibit at the Grand Palais, may help little.


Fall leaves in front of the Archeological Crypt, a favorite museum, often missed by tourists

The beginning of Fall at Le Petit Trianon, Marie Antoinnette's favorite "peasant" haunt,  at Versailles...

Another view...le Petit Trianon

And finally, what better place to view the Autumn leaves than from a bike path...Beautiful Paris.  In any season.  Always a season of my heart.

No comments: