Blog Archive

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Cooking Class --a Bit of Indian Cuisine

Spiced Lentils with Cucumber Yogurt



A Bit of Indian Cuisine
by Victoria Challancin
Flavors of the Sun International Cooking School
San Miguel de Allende,
Mexico

Educating palates to new flavors and ingredients is part of what I do in my international classes designed for Mexican cooks.  It isn't enough to just teach recipes--I like to offer techniques and flavor sensations that jar the senses and demand attention, as in the following Indian dishes.  


Cilantro-Mint Chutney with Yogurt

Spiced Chickpea Salad






Another photos of the chutney that I can never get enough of!


Mango and Curried Chickpea Salad, based on a recipe  by a Yotam Ottolenghi (my newest inspiration)  found here


Curried Barley Salad with Dates and Carrots

No comments: