Blog Archive

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Shopping in Morocco: Tassels

Shopping in Morocco:  Tassels
by Victoria Challancin 

For the last four years I have l been leading small tours to Morocco.  For three of those years in my various encounters I occasionally encountered decorative tassels.  And then on my last trip, my oh my, they burst into being! 

Mine or theirs..,I still don't know.
 



While the English teacher in me eschews empty hyperbole, a tiny voice inside says...




...amazing

 

...awesome




And that same teacher says no, no, no to alliteration, while the tiny voice whispers...

...dazzling


...delightful



...delicious


...delectable

 
dynamic...

 
But the one thing this English teacher can embrace: the onomatopoeic Moroccan Arabic word for tassels, swishia


...swish

 


...swish



...swish



I can't wait to see what I'll find in 2010...

No comments: